Who are we?
The Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch Program Society is a not-for-profit, charitable volunteer passive crime prevention organization.
What do we do?
We encourage and train residents to watch out for each other to reduce crime in the city.
Why do we do it?
The main objective is to have as many residents actively participating in their neighbourhood, as possible in order that any threat to that area will be reported to the police, thus avoiding the occurrence of a crime.
We report any suspicious activity in our neighbourhoods, whenever they occur. Our volunteers are always vigilant.
Where are we?
We have a Neighbourhood Watch program in every community in the city.
How do you join?
Click here for an application form to join ENW. Completed applications can be faxed to 780-486-0285, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch Program Society
P.O. Box 69231 Skyview, Edmonton, AB, T6V 1G7
Since you are already online...you are encouraged to use the online form for your membership request.
What are the benefits of joining ENW?
- Opportunity for training and skill development
- Increase sense of personal safety and security for property
- Reduce risk of being a victim of crime
- Personal satisfaction in contributing to the well-being of family and neighbourhood
- Meaningful participation
- Recognition of volunteer work
- Enhance self-confidence
- Opportunity to develop leadership abilities
- Learn coping strategies and problem solving
- Volunteering is good for your heart
- Volunteering enhances your job resume
- Opportunity to meet neighbours and build friendships
- Satisfaction of working as part of a team with a common goal
- Sense of belonging and sharing
- Reduces isolation by having contact with other members
- Establishes links with other crime prevention activities
- Sense of community pride and ownership
- Networks are developed to provide a place to turn to when in need
- Fosters safer streets and property
- Supports crime-prevention through environmental design
- Safety audits
- Freedom from fear (crimes against property and person)
- Guidance on alarms and securing property
- Proactive action is taken on problem areas
- Can reduce insurance costs
- Increases recovery rate of stolen property
- Reduces policing costs and taxes
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"