Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch

Skip To Main Content Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch | Home

Crime Reporting

Crime Reporting

If there is a CRIME IN PROGRESS (imminent threat to a person or property)

CALL 9-1-1

All suspicious activities and crimes are to be reported to the Edmonton Police Service.

Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch:

  • Does not accept reporting of crimes or incidents.
  • Does not record or keep records of incidents or crimes.
  • Will not report crimes or suspicious activities to Edmonton Police Service on behalf of ENW members or the public.

Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch (ENW) is a passive crime prevention program that provides crime prevention information and programs. Please do not call or send emails about suspicious activities and/or crimes to ENW. They cannot and will not be addressed by ENW. Contact the Edmonton Police Service.

Edmonton Police Service

To report suspicious activities, contact EPS at 780-423-4567.

If a crime has already occurred it, can be reported several ways:

  • Report Crime Online:
    Break & enter to detached garage or shed, theft from vehicle (under $5000), damage/vandalism to property or vehicle, lost property and theft under $5000
  • Using the Edmonton Police Service “EPS Mobile” app
    Download from Google Play or the app store
  • Calling #377 on your mobile device
  • Calling 780-423-4567
  • Reporting Fraud

Crime Stoppers

If you have information about a crime and want to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers

Report habitually impaired drivers ANONYMOUSLY by contacting Crime Stoppers #notjustabadhabit

Safer Communities And Neighbourhoods (SCAN)

The Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods (SCAN) unit helps Albertans to take back their neighbourhoods and deal with problem properties. A member of the SCAN unit will confidentially and discreetly contact you about your concerns.

If there’s a suspicious property in your neighbourhood, do not investigate it or approach the occupants. Report the property by either:

Call 211

Call 2-1-1 if you’re in need of community or social service support but are unsure who to call. 2-1-1 allows individuals to navigate through the complex network of human services available by speaking with a Information & Referral Specialist. Callers can explain their situation in their own words and get the help needed on their own terms. 211 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 211 staff are completely non-judgmental and provide confidential access to community program and service information. You may reach 211 by texting INFO to #211 on your cell phone. Information is also available online.

Call 311

If you’re in need of non-emergency (emergency meaning requiring ambulance, fire, and police emergency services — which you would instead call 911 for) government services, call 311. Calling 311 will direct residents, businesses, and visitors to a central point of contact from which they can specify their city needs. City of Edmonton information and services may be in regards to, but not limited to: transit information, program registration, and registering a bylaw complaint. More information is available online.

Effective February 2, 2020 [1]

The hours for 311 are being reduced from 24 to 12 hours a day. The new hours are from 7am to 7pm, seven days a week (closed statutory holidays).