A Neighbourhood Watch Ambassador is a volunteer for a complex, building or neighbourhood. ENW provides training on programs and starting a Neighbourhood Watch. The Neighbourhood Watch Ambassador brings programs and initiatives to the people living in area they support.
To become a Neighbourhood Watch Ambassador there are five basic requirements. The person in the position must:
- be approved as a Neighbourhood Watch Ambassador by ENW.
- be/become a member of ENW.
- pass a Police Information Check (PIC) for volunteers conducted by the Edmonton Police Service.
- have internet access and communicate regularly by email.
- attend a training session conducted by ENW & EPS.
Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors attend an initial training session to learn about the programs, resources and to become familiar with crime prevention available at the community level. This training is provided free by ENW to Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors. After the initial training, Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors need to attend an update training approximately every 12-18 months. All Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors are encouraged to attend the AGM and the annual Appreciation event. All are provided free of charge to Neighbourhood Watch Ambassadors.
Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch On Social Media