Archive : roles
Opportunities with Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch (ENW)
At Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch, it is our hope that each of our volunteers can gain a valuable and positive volunteer experience as we work together to create safer neighbourhoods.
Because ENW has 2 staff members to support residents of the City of Edmonton and its 160 Community Leagues, we rely heavily on volunteers to help bring crime prevention programs and resources to the community. For Neighbourhood Watch to exist at the neighbourhood level, volunteers living and working in those areas are needed.
If you are interested in crime prevention or helping create safer neighbourhoods, consider volunteering with ENW. By volunteering at ENW, you can improve the quality of life of Edmontonians while gaining skills and valuable experience. You will have the opportunity to meet new people and have fun!
Volunteer Opportunities available at ENW
Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Each March at the Annual General Meeting, board elections take place. If a position is vacated throughout the year, the Board may fill the position by appointment. Membership with ENW is required.
We are seeking Volunteers:
- Accountant Director Position: is primarily responsible to provide support to all members of the Board in connection to their roles as Directors. Accountant Director Position Description (PDF)
- Board Secretary Position: is primarily responsible to provide support to all members of the Board in connection to their roles as Directors. Board Secretary Position Description (PDF)
- Communications and Social Media Position: is primarily responsible to provide support to all members of the Board in connection to their roles as Directors. Communications and Social Media Position Description (PDF)
- Volunteer Director Position: is primarily responsible to provide support to all members of the Board in connection to their roles as Directors. Volunteer Director Position Description (PDF)
**** ENW Recruitment Process 2021 This briefing outlines the considerations for the Board Recruitment process.
See the Board of Directors page for information on all positions on the Board of Directors.
Canada Summer Students positions available at ENW
- Social Programs Officer (two positions available) : is primarily responsible for the planning and managing of various programs. . Social Programs Officer Position Description (PDF)
- Administrative Assistant (two positions available): is primarily responsible for data entry, records maintenance and look-up, report development and retrieval. . Administrative Assistant Position Description (PDF)
- Marketing Coordinator (two positions available): is primarily responsible to provide support for the marketing and design of advertisement strategies. Marketing Coordinator Position Description (PDF)
Special Events PlannerApril 2, 2020
This volunteer opportunity is great for anyone who likes to plan events, parties or fundraisers,…Read More
Fundraising VolunteerApril 2, 2020
Whether you are available to help gather items for a silent auction, work at one…Read More
Administrative VolunteerApril 2, 2020
Anyone with experience working in an office would be great in this role. Just one…Read More
Display HostApril 2, 2020
This is an excellent opportunity for retired persons or university students who have an interest…Read More
Division RepresentativeApril 2, 2020
A Division Representative is an ENW representative for one of the 6 different Police divisions…Read More
Volunteer CoordinatorApril 2, 2020
This position can be done from the comfort of your own home. As long as…Read More
Board SecretaryApril 2, 2020
Position Summary The Board Secretary is primarily responsible for taking Board Minutes during Board of…Read More
Neighbourhood Watch AmbassadorApril 2, 2020
A Neighbourhood Watch Ambassador is a volunteer for a complex, building or neighbourhood. ENW provides…Read More
Program SpecialistApril 2, 2020
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in specific programs at ENW. Those people…Read More