Archive : roles
Opportunities with Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch
At Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch, it is our hope that each of our volunteers can gain a valuable and positive volunteer experience as we work together to create safer neighbourhoods.
Because ENW has 2 staff members to support residents of the City of Edmonton and its 157 community leagues, we rely heavily on volunteers to help bring crime prevention programs and resources to the community. For Neighbourhood Watch to exist at the neighbourhood level, volunteers living and working in those areas are needed.
If you are interested in crime prevention or helping create safer neighbourhoods, consider volunteering with ENW. By volunteering at ENW, you can improve the quality of life of Edmontonians while gaining skills and valuable experience. You will have the opportunity to meet new people and have fun!
Volunteer Opportunities available at ENW
Edmonton Neighbourhood Watch is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Each March at the Annual General Meeting, board elections take place. If a position is vacated throughout the year, the Board may fill the position by appointment. Membership with ENW is required.
We are seeking Volunteers:
- Board Director-at-Large: Primarily responsible for providing support to all members of the Board in connection to their roles as Directors. Board Director Position Description (PDF)
- Board Secretary: Primarily responsible for taking Board Minutes during Board of Directors Meeting which occurs every second Thursday of each month. Board Secretary Position Description (PDF)
- Board Treasurer: Primarily responsible for managing ENW finances/budget and expenditures with the assistant of the Board of Directors. Board Treasurer Position Description (PDF)
- Administrative Volunteer: Helps with filing, copying, preparing packages, and sorting materials for events.
- Special Events Planner: Assists with the planning and completion of tasks related to ENW’s special events.
- Program Specialist: If you are interested in helping with a particular ENW program, this is the position for you.
- Fundraising Volunteer: If you would like to volunteer for our fundraising programs (Silent auctions, afternoon bingos, grant writing or our casino), your time will have a direct effect helping ENW continue our work.
See the Board of Directors page for information on all positions on the Board of Directors.
Board SecretaryApril 23, 2019
Position Summary The Board Secretary is primarily responsible for taking Board Minutes during Board of…Read More
Board Director-At-LargeApril 23, 2019
Position Summary The Board Director-at-Large is primarily responsible to provide support to all members of…Read More
Administrative VolunteerMay 15, 2018
Anyone with experience working in an office would be great in this role. Just one…Read More
Fundraising VolunteerMay 15, 2018
Whether you are available to help gather items for a silent auction, work at one…Read More
Special Events PlannerMay 15, 2018
This volunteer opportunity is great for anyone who likes to plan events, parties or fundraisers,…Read More
Volunteer CoordinatorMay 15, 2018
This position can be done from the comfort of your own home. As long as…Read More
Program SpecialistMay 15, 2018
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in specific programs at ENW. Those people…Read More
Display HostMay 2, 2018
This is an excellent opportunity for retired persons or university students who have an interest…Read More
Division RepresentativeMay 2, 2018
A Division Representative is an ENW representative for one of the 6 different Police divisions…Read More